NEED A GOOD CLEANSE FROM THE INSIDE OUT? MEET YOUR NEW POWDER COUPLE.
Looking to reset and restore your body so it functions at its absolute optimum? Start with good gut health and a happy liver, says Dr Simone Laubscher PhD.
"The liver is the powerhouse for removing toxins out of the body,” she says.
“If you don't remove toxins from the body, you become more acidic and from there illness can grow. The knock-on effect if the liver isn't processing well? It affects your gall bladder, concentration, skin and your body fat."
Meet your new Powder Couple
Modern life can make clean eating a challenge. Including a daily dose of premium plant-based nutrients into your regime is an easy and effective way of ensuring your body is receiving everything it needs – no matter what the day throws at you.
To help support your body’s natural cleansing and liver detoxifying processes, add 1 vial of Detoxifying Liver Tonic Super Booster and 2 teaspoons of SUPER ELIXIR Greens to ice cold filtered water, and stir until dissolved.
This double dose of plant-based nutrients not only supports natural liver cleansing and detoxification processes, but helps maintain liver health, enhances healthy liver function, and reduces free radicals formed in the body.
Just one vial of Detoxifying Liver Tonic Super Booster and 2 teaspoons of SUPER ELIXIR Greens provides all the must-have liver-loving ingredients your body need. In just one glass.
Detoxifying Liver Tonic Super Booster -
SCHISANDRA for supporting production of detoxifying enzymes which aids liver support.
MILK THISTLE AND DANDELION for supporting liver health where the Dandelion extract, due to its antioxidant content, assists with free radicals formed in the body.
CURCUMIN AND CURCUMINOIDS contain antioxidants that help reduce free radicals formed in the body.
BURDOCK EXTRACT helps support detoxifying and purifying of the liver, our bodies filter and primary detoxification organ.
SUPER ELIXIR Greens -
DANDELION EXTRACT for liver support.
PSYLLIUM HUSK AND LINSEED for providing the body with fibre.
L-GLUTAMINE to support gut function
PRO AND PREBIOTICS assist the digestive system
Additionally, try these practical tips for loving your liver and resetting your body for health and beauty benefits that start from within.
- Stock up on nutrient-rich foods like seasonal vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and legumes. “I usually suggest my clients adopt more alkaline than acidic habits, so make 60-70 per cent of your diet gut-friendly foods and drinks,” says Dr Laubscher. “This means less meat, dairy, gluten, caffeinated drinks and sugar and more fruits, salad, vegetables, fish, beans and pulses, rice, quinoa, sweet potato and water. By reducing acid-forming foods and replacing them with nutrient-packed fruits and vegetables, the body can easily rid itself of toxins and allow the digestive system and liver to rest and recuperate. When all our 11 body systems are nourished well and detoxifying properly, they are in their optimal state.”
- Drink 2 litres of clean, filtered water daily and don't use plastic water bottles that have been left in the sun. This is due to the bleaching of hormones and chemicals that can contaminate the water.
- Cut back on coffee. If you must have one, stick to an espresso or long black. “If you are having coffee, be careful of having it at the same time as your breakfast,” says Dr Laubscher. “Caffeine can block key nutrients from being absorbed. Maybe you could take your coffee to work with you instead to give you a 1 hour gap between your coffee and breakfast?”
- Do cardiovascular exercise 4 times a week, as obesity is linked to liver disease.
- Limit alcohol, which can cause cirrhosis, to one drink every other day for women and two for men. Even if you were once a heavier drinker and have since cut or eliminated alcohol intake, the damage may not show up until years later.
- Try to reduce over the counter and all medications. Of course, if you have a chronic illness take what your doctor has prescribed, but in your daily life for example if you get a headache drink more water, go for a walk, do some exercise or reduce your caffeine instead of instantly reaching for a headache tablet.