A delicious organic plant protein powder that supports lean, strong muscles and enhanced energy levels.
What is Vegan Protein Powder?
Vegan protein powder is a dietary supplement made by extracting protein from plants. It is a complete protein and is high in essential amino acids, making it an ideal option for those who want to build muscle, aid their exercise and fitness goals, or simply increase their protein intake but want an alternative to animal-based protein powders. It is a popular choice for athletes, bodybuilders, and people looking for a vegan-friendly or lactose-free protein source.
Vegan protein powder can be used in a variety of ways, such as adding it to smoothies or shakes, baking with it, or using it as a protein-rich addition to oatmeal or yogurt. It is a versatile product that can help people meet their protein needs without consuming animal products.
What are plant-based protein powders made of?
Vegan protein powders are made from a variety of plant-based sources, such as peas, rice, soy, and hemp.
- Pea protein powder: a popular vegan protein powder because it is high in protein and iron and low in fat and carbohydrates. Pea protein powder is made from yellow split peas it is a complete protein source, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids your body needs.
- Rice protein powder: made from brown rice that has been milled into a fine powder. It is not considered a complete protein but it is high in fiber and contains essential minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. Rice protein is often found in protein blends with pea protein powder to create a complete protein powder.
- Soy protein powder: made from soybeans that have been defatted and ground into a fine powder. It is a complete protein source and is high in fiber and essential vitamins and minerals like zinc, iron, and B vitamins.
- Hemp protein powder: made from hemp seeds that have been ground into a fine powder. It is rich in fiber and high in essential fatty acids like omega-3. It also contains important minerals, and vitamins like iron, zinc, and fiber.
Whey Protein vs Plant Protein Powder - What's the Difference?
How do you decide between vegan protein powder and whey protein powder?
Here are some key differences between vegan protein powder and whey protein powder:
1) Source of Protein
- Whey protein powder is a dairy-based protein made from whey, the liquid byproduct that remains after milk has been curdled and strained. The whey is then dried and turned into a powder.
- Plant-based protein is made from a variety of sources such as peas, rice, soy, and hemp. Vegan protein powder can be a better option for people that are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy.
2) Protein Content
- Whey protein powder is a complete protein and is high in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are essential for muscle growth and recovery.
- Depending on the blend of plant sources, vegan protein powder can be complete protein high in essential amino acids and BCAAs. Read the label to see if the powder contains the optimal combination of amino acids and protein per serving.
Studies show that both proteins are effective at building muscle and improving athletic performance, but vegan protein powder is a good choice for those who want a dairy-free or vegan-friendly protein option. Look for options that contain the necessary amount of protein—20-30 grams per serving—to support post-workout recovery and muscle growth.
Why Shop Protein Powder at WelleCo?
The original pioneer of nutritional greens and plant-based ingestible beauty, WelleCo is your trusted beauty-through-wellness offering. Authentically Australian and with a global following, WelleCo was founded by supermodel Elle Macpherson in 2014 who released Nourishing Protein as a complete protein source for men and women.
The Nourishing Protein Powder is formulated from 100% vegan, organic, non-GMO ingredients and infused with pre and probiotics, herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals for a strong body and high energy.