Image & recipe by @bos.kitchen
- 1 cup almonds
- 1¼ cup oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (no need to melt)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 scoop WelleCo NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN Peruvian Chocolate
- 2 small-medium avocado
- 3 tablespoon cacao
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon coconut cream (the fat from a can of coconut milk)*
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ pomegranate, deseeded
Prepare crust by adding almonds, oats and cacao to a food processor. Blend on high until it forms a fine crumb. Add in dates, salt, coconut oil and blend. The mixture should start to form a dough, but if it's too dry add in the water a tbsp at a time until it sticks together.
Lightly grease tart tins with a little coconut oil. Press crust into tins and set aside in the fridge.
Empty out food processor and add in all filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and glossy.
Spoon dollops of filling into each crust and top with chopped chocolate and pomegranate. These keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
* To make sure your can of coconut milk has coconut cream in it – shake the can before you buy it. if you can’t hear much water in there, you know you’ve got a good one! You can also pop it in the fridge overnight to aid with the separation process. In the morning, the fat will have risen to the top. Save the water to use in smoothies and oatmeal.