Fashion, reads, facials and Christmas trees. Our essential global to-do list this month.
1. SushiSamba is set to open in Covent Garden and features a spectacular glass rooftop, living ceiling, exposed kitchen, sushi bar and first-floor terrace overlooking a bustling square below. Order up the Samba Covent Garden roll, scallop with vanilla, jalapeño, mango and aji amarillo, and the kobe bun with pickled onion, horseradish mayo, shallot and nori.
2. Read Susan Sontag’s seminal 1964 essay Notes On “Camp”, the theme for next year’s Metropolitan Gala.
3. Catherine Deneuve’s fabulously glamorous wardrobe of Yves Saint Laurent pieces is set to be auctioned by Christie’s France early next year. Nearly 300 lots form the collection, including dresses, suits and accessories, with the sale taking place against the backdrop of Paris Haute Couture week on 24 January 2019.
4. Queen of cheap chic and former J.Crew Creative Director Jenna Lyons, returns with a bang in 2018 with her own weekly lifestyle show. Can’t. Wait.
5. From the author of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas comes The Big-Deal Novel: A Ladder to the Sky, a tale of ambition and greed. Maurice Swift is working as a hotel waiter in West Berlin in 1988, but he yearns to be a writer. A chance encounter with a famous German novelist gives him his chance and sends him on a dark path of literary theft.
6. Facile (pronounced like the French word) in Los Angeles is a mix of a dermatology hotspot, spa and stunning one-stop-shop boutique for making and maintaining beautiful luminous skin. Favourite treatments include vitamin shots, Gold infusion, Light Therapy and Cryofacials. Book us in.
7. Iconic London hotel Claridge's has invited Diane von Furstenberg to design their 2018 Christmas tree. Von Furstenberg’s “Tree of Love,” will be unveiled in the lobby on November 27, marking the ninth year Claridge’s has invited a celebrity to trim their tree.