(Image credit: Gray Malin - graymalin.com)
Our bodies were designed to function at an alkaline state. Not too acidic and also not too alkaline, ideally at a pH (which means potential hydrogen by the way) of 7.365. We are all unique and each individual can turn more or less acidic from the same level toxin.
Dr. Laubscher PhD and WelleCo co-formulator shares 10 alkaline tips you can easily incorporate into your life everyday.
- Drink 2 litres of water per day and infuse this with lemons, cucumber and or mint to not only improve the taste but also to fast track your alkalinity.
- Two teaspoons of Alkalising Greens daily to boost overall nutrition and maintain your body’s healthy alkaline range.
- Cut dairy, but if you can’t live without cheese opt for goats or sheep’s varieties. Swap traditional yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- Reduce coffee to one per day
- Choose gluten free bread and pasta and grains such as quinoa and brown rice
- Reduce sugar and remove artificial sweeteners
- Swap whey protein supplements for a vegan protein powder like our Nourishing Protein or add in more beans/ pulses once or twice a week. For example try a Bolognese with brown lentils instead of mince.
- Learn to breathe deeply. The more oxygenated you are, the more alkaline you will be.
- Incorporate a de-stress activity (stress reduces the body’s natural ability to detox, therefore it holds onto acid forming wastes).
- Be kind to yourself, remember something you love doing and incorporate this into your life so that your mind, body and spirit are nourished which will help you be more alkaline.