What makes a good protein drink? A good protein drink should contain all essential 9 amino acids and also be sourced from a clean, organic source to ensure there are no hormones added. This is why we chose brown rice and pea protein as our base for THE SUPER ELIXIR Nourishing protein.
What does a protein supplement do for a person who works out 3-4 times a week? Protein is essential to life and we need to eat all 9 essential amino acids each day. This is why they are called essential. When you add working out 3-4 times a week your demand for protein increases due to the increased healing requirements of the muscle.
Can protein supplements help with weight loss (and how)? Protein shakes, if from a clean and organic source, can help with weight loss as they balance out your blood sugar levels and therefore reduce cravings. They will also help keep you feeling full longer and give you more energy, reducing fatigue from blood sugar dips. Just note that many protein shakes are whey-based and not organic so will contain hormones which work against keeping you lean.
Will it help you look more lean eventually? As per above if your blood sugar levels are more balanced and you don’t crave the foods that create weight gain you will be leaner. Also if you have more energy you are likely to do more exercise, so the two go hand-in-hand.
What’s unique about this all-plant protein? THE SUPER ELIXIR Nourishing Protein is a organic protein that is plant based so it does not contain any hormones. The protein is also vegan making it easy to digest and it contains all essential 9 amino acids. Since it is plant based it will not create acidity within the body, like many whey based products. In addition to the plant-base delivering clean readily available protein, we also wanted to support your overall health so we included;
- Dandelion to support liver function;
- Pro and prebiotics to support your entire digestive system;
- L-taurine to support metabolic function;
- Chromium to balance out your blood sugar levels and reduce cravings;
- Psyllium husk to make you feel full later;
- L-Glutamine to support gut function;
- Acai & pomegranate, grapeseed and rosehip powders as excellent antiaging properties;
- B-complex to help with energy levels and to help you deal with stress better;
- Vitamin D3 to support bone health and;
- Added magnesium to support overall health as it activates over 300 enzyme reactions in the body.